How will you reach out?
Get equipped to impact the world
Through clubs, campus ministries, and missions trips, students from Northwestern are regularly reaching out into local and global communities to share the love of Christ.
Wherever you become involved, you will have opportunities for outreach.
Day of Prayer and Service
Every year, students, faculty, and staff devote one spring day to serving God's kingdom through prayer and service to local communities.
There are no classes on the Day of Prayer and Service. Instead, students connect with groups across campus—their academic department, residence hall, or even their musical ensemble—to tackle a service project.
Here are some of the organizations that we've served recently:
- Feed My Starving Children
- Urban Ventures
- Eagle Crest senior housing
- City of Roseville parks
- Second Harvest Heartland
Global Outreach is a group of students who promote, pray and raise funds for Kingdom ministry around the world. We help the Northwestern community grow in understanding of God's heart for the nations to become globally minded followers of Christ. Here's how:
- Raising money for annual spring and summer mission trips
- Creating awareness for world events through Missions Week, letters and table tents
- Hosting weekly prayer meetings where students can share burdens for world issues
- Facilitating leadership to catalyze campus into action
- Sending teams and individuals to serve here and abroad during Christmas, spring and summer breaks
We have recently traveled to China, South Africa, the Czech Republic, San Diego, Mexico and Alaska. This year, groups are traveling to Nepal, Guatemala and the Philippines.
View stories and photos from Northwestern's Team South Africa!
"The missions trip I went on to Trinidad was challenging in several ways but mostly, it made me look beyond myself and really pour into others. I had the opportunity to meet some of the most beautiful people in the world and fell in love with the country."
Kaitlyn – Andover, Minn.
We have student led and sustained ministry groups that exist to make Christ known in local communities around Northwestern and to help students understand that evangelism and outreach are a vital part of their Christian life in every season.
You are a minister of Christ wherever you live. Here at Northwestern, you can lead or serve on an outreach team and Campus Ministries can help you every step of the way, whether its getting connected with churches and organizations, or starting your own outreach!
- Way in the Wilderness: Sharing the truth of Christ by creating relationships with people of other faiths
- Lift Up: Sharing Christ with skiers and snowboarders
- Streetlight: Helping the homeless and street people of Minneapolis.
- Writing in the Sand: Ministering to women who are coming out of prostitution
- Living Hope: Tutoring and mentoring inner-city youth
- Young Life: Discipling high school students
If you work for a church, ministry, or organization and have opportunities for students to get involved, find out how to post volunteer opportunities for Northwestern students.